Why Taking a Bath is Good For Your Health
Having a leisurely soak in the bath for relaxation purposes isn't the only reason to up your ante in the bathroom department.
Recent studies have shown that taking a bath actually has a number of health benefits.Here are a few reasons why taking a bath is good for your health:
- Soaking in warm water delivers relief to muscles and joints by stimulating blood flow.
- It provides respite to the body from aching limbs and joints that cause pain and soreness.
- It can decrease swelling and inflammation and increase blood circulation.
- It cleanses, softens and moisturizes the skin.
- It can increase your lung capacity and oxygen intake.
- It can calm the nervous system, reducing the levels of stress and anxiety in the body and improving your mood.
- Women in the first stages of labor can maximize relaxation and minimize pain when immersed in a warm bath.
- Baths help you to sleep better. It relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- A warm bath increases the levels of Seratonin - a chemical that's produced by the brain that controls happiness and wellbeing.
- And if that wasn't enough to convince you that having a bath is good for you then there's also,
Balneotherapy - the practice of bathing for health and wellbeing. Baleneotherapy is the belief that bathing with hot waters packed with naturally occurring minerals can impart medicinal benefits.
Taking a bath has been scientifically proven to improve your sense of health and wellbeing, reduce stress, ease aches and pains and improve your mood and optimism so the next time that your feeling guilty about skipping your gym class, perhaps you should relax guilt-free in a hot bath instead?